Basic Surgery Workshop
|Date: Thursday, 13 September 2018|
8:00-11:15 (morning session)
13:15-16:30 (afternoon session)
*only sign up for one of these courses- the morning and afternoon sessions are the same
|Cost: 35 EURO|
|Room: 343 – Third floor of the congress centre|
Dr. Marcus Muche
Dr. Jonathan Kadouch
Ms. Mannielle Brummelaar
|Overview: In the first part of the workshop we will review planning and preparation of the procedure, (facial) anatomy, anesthesia, instruments and suturing. Participants will exercise punch biopsy, ellipse excision and different suture techniques. The second part will focus on the principles of flaps and grafts. The different techniques will be discussed and made vivid with lots of pictures, followed by hands-on training in groups. During the training, videos will be shown to visualize anesthetic procedures, use of instruments, suturing and different reconstructions.|
1) to understand (facial) anatomy in correlation to local anesthesia
2) to review instruments and suture techniques
3) to learn the principles of flaps and grafts. Hands-on training in suturing and in flaps/grafts will be provided.
|Level of proficiency: This course is designed for residents and dermatologists, unskilled to intermediate-skilled in surgery.|
|Please Note: Potential participants who would like to review and refresh advanced surgery techniques are encouraged to register for the Advanced Surgery Workshop.|
To register for a workshop:
- During Congress registration you will be asked if you want to attend the workshops; click on the workshops you would like to attend.
- Already registered for Congress: send an email to email@example.com. You can pay for the course via credit card.
- Enrollment is not guaranteed until the financial transaction has been completed.