Basic Laser Treatment Workshop
|Date: Friday, 14 September 2018|
8:00-11:15 (morning session)
13:30-16:30 (afternoon session)
*only sign up for one of these courses- the morning and afternoon sessions are the same
|Cost: 30 EURO|
|Room: 353 – Third floor of the congress centre|
Dr. Albert Wolkerstorfer
Prof. Merete Haedersdal
Prof. Uwe Paasch
Dr. Hans Joachim Laubach
The workshop will be directed to beginners in the field and slightly experienced laser practitioners.
Basic knowledge about laser physics and general aspects of laser skin interaction are favorable but not required. The workshop will focus on vascular lesions, pigmented lesions, laser assisted hair removal, ablative surgery, fractional laser therapy and selected newer Energy Based Techniques.
Each of these topics will be systematically approached by an expert through
1) a short introduction,
2) an overview of available devices,
3) a review of indications,
4) an interactive panel discussion with tips, tricks and pitfalls.
Questions from the audience are welcome throughout the whole workshop.
1) to summarize the basics of laser and IPL therapy,
2) to acquire an overview over commonly used laser devices,
3) to acquire an overview over common indications and outcomes of laser therapy,
4) to gain insight into how to choose the appropriate laser settings and
5) tips and tricks how to optimize outcomes and avoid side effects.
|Level of proficiency: This course is designed for beginners/residents with interest in laser therapy|
To register for a workshop:
- During Congress registration you will be asked if you want to attend the workshops; click on the workshops you would like to attend.
- Already registered for Congress: send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can pay for the course via credit card.
- Enrollment is not guaranteed until the financial transaction has been completed.