The EADV Honours and Awards Committee, under the chairmanship of Dr. Michael Boffa, offers to young dermato-venereologists or resident/trainees under 35 years of age, scholarships consisting of a free registration to the congress and EUR1000, minus the fee of a one-year EADV membership (for the upcoming calendar year) according to the status of each recipient.
The scholarships offered by the EADV
- MICHAEL HORNSTEIN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP – offered to one selected applicant from each Central, Eastern, Western & Northern European country.
- JOHN STRATIGOS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP – offered to one selected applicant from each Southern European & Mediterranean country.
- IMRICH SARKANY NON- EUROPEAN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP – offered to a maximum of twelve (12) young dermato-venereologists from non-European countries.
(Applicants from Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, Cyprus, Israel, Lebanon, Palestine, Syria, Turkey must apply for the John Stratigos Memorial scholarship)
Should you wish to apply for a scholarship, please note that the call for applications will open for a three-month period from 10 January 2018 till 10 April 2018 (12:00 am CET)
A minimum of 5 points are required to win a scholarship. Points are awarded according to the following scoring system:
|International publication ( journal and chapters in books )||3 points|
|National publication (journal and chapters in books)||2 points|
|Oral presentation (if made personally by you) and Poster presentation (valid only if you are the first or last author)||1 point|
Only applications completed as per the requested format will be considered by the Honours and Awards Committee. All other Applications will be automatically rejected.
Use of Data – Authorisation
The data made available through the online registration system are gathered and treated by the EADV in compliance with the Swiss regulation on data protection, in particular in compliance with Sec. 4 of the Swiss Federal Law of June 19, 1992 on Data Protection. All data are treated by the EADV only for organisational purposes, in particular for the registration to Meetings as well as for the monitoring of credits for the Continuing Medical Education of the participants.
Required documentation (in English only)
• The Scholarship Application Form completed online (will be available when the call opens)
• A short CV (not more than 3 pages)
• A list of publications written as explained in the document “How to prepare my publications list” available on the website
• A letter of support written by a “Specialist” EADV member endorsing the application
• A letter of support, written on official headed paper, signed and stamped, written either by the training director/ head of department, hospital or clinic endorsing the application
• A current copy of the applicant’s training certificate in English indicating the start and end date or specialist certificate
• A copy of ID (i.e. identity card, passport) with a passport-size photo